RETRO Video Game Magazine, Issue 05 2014, Metroid, Castlevania
- Product Name: RETRO Video Game Magazine, Issue 05, 2014, Metroid, Castlevania
- New or Used: New
- One issue of RETRO #5
(Note that he publisher is totally sold out of this issue, but we still have some in stock!)
If you are looking for other gaming magazines &/or back issues, see our other Game Magazine Listings in our store.
Covered in this issue::
We're morphing our coverage into all things Metroidvania in this powered-up edition of RETRO Videogame Magazine! In it, Tom Happ talks about his Metroid-inspired title Axiom Verge, Chris Kohler cracks the whip for those collecting Castlevania, and we take a philosophical look at the impact of Super Metroid. Plus, a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Donkey Kong Country, an examination of one of the most influential yet under-appreciated titles M.U.L.E., and a rare look at Sunsoft's Trip World.RETRO NATION
- RETRO Responds - RETROheads share terrible comics, call us out on the importance of PC games, and ponder an all-FMV future.
- Rise From Your Grave – Chris Ainsworth makes his RETRO debut with advice on the hardware hacker’s must-have tools.
- Arcade Archives – Join us on a deep dive into the heyday of American Laser Games.
- Silverball Spotlight – Preston Burt offers advice to first-time pinball purchasers.
- Homebrew Heaven – Michael Thomasson delivers breaking news on the return of Ralph Baer Pinball.
- The Schwag Bag - What do you get when you mix a dose of Donkey Kong goodies with a pairing of Pac-Man-themed paraphernalia? Find out here!
- RETRO High 5 – Luke gives his thoughts on why the resurrection of retro rules!
- All About the Art – Publisher Mike Kennedy chats with Synapse Software’s cover image champion, Tim Boxell.
- Primal Soup – ‘Tis the season for giving, but Jeremy Parish isn’t sure if gaming agrees.
- The Making Of... - David L. Craddock examines what made gamers go bananas for Donkey Kong Country.
- RETROspective – Marty Goldberg takes a look at one of gaming’s most influential yet underappreciated titles, M.U.L.E.
- The Ultimate Homage – RETRO takes a look at why Ultimate NES Remix might be the perfect bridge between Nintendo’s past and the present.
- A Rivalry Returns – The original “Big 3” are back at it thanks to an AtGames hardware revival.
- Axiom Verge – Tom Happ spent the last five years trying to make the next great Metroidvainia game.
- The Time is Now - After getting his fill of AAA development, Lunar Ray Games’ Bodie Lee is taking the indie plunge with Timespinner.
- Oozing with Potential – Can a WayForward/TMNT team-up result in a top-shelf outing for everyone’s favorite turtles?
- A Walk on the Weird Side – What do you get when you mix Castlevania, Dark Souls, and the unique, haunting style of a James Silva slasher? Salt and Sanctuary, that’s what.
- Latest Releases - We cross swords with Pier Solar HD, Gauntlet, Hack ‘n’ Slash and more.
- Retro Reviews – Karnov, Prehistoric Isle 2, and Destruction Derby all get a second chance with RETRO reviewers.
- Insane Game Collection - Gain knowledge while you game with the Strong Museum of Play and their whopping collection of interactive oddities.
- Collect-a-Thon! – Chris Kohler can’t quit carts, so he’s back with highlights from another notable Nintendo library, the N64’s.
- Collecting Castlevania – Chris drops in another guide to gathering games, with a focus on Konami’s bat-bashing franchise.
- RETRO Rarities – Jeremy Parish takes a journey to the pixelated planet of Sunsoft’s Trip World.
- NES Nation by Pat Contri
- Conventional Wisdom by Kevin Baird
- Seanbaby vs. The World by Seanbaby
- Experience Points by Scott Johnson
Unless otherwise stated in the description above, stock photos are shown for reference.